The following information outlines the process involved when submitting a trip request using the Locomote Travel Management Platform (TMP).
NOTE: If your travel requires Pre-Trip Authorisation, you will not be able to select booking options for various travel segments until this authorisation has been granted from the nominated Authoriser.
Eg. Upon submitting a trip request on the TMP, you will receive a confirmation message advising that your trip has been successfully submitted and an email will be sent to the nominated/pre-assigned Authoriser.
1) To submit a trip request click on the relevant workflow buttons which appear on the left-hand side of the Dashboard
2) For the first section of the trip request enter a Trip Title
3) Enter the Travel Details (e.g. flights, accommodation, etc) of the trip
NOTE: If you require a return flight, please add a second Flight segment
4) Select the Reason for Travel, Department and/or Cost Centre (if applicable) and an Authoriser (if applicable)
NOTE: To select an Authoriser, ensure that you first select the Authoriser Group from the drop-down menu provided
5) The field box for the Authoriser will appear; select who will need to authorise your trip request from the drop-down menu provided
6) If you are travelling with any other travellers, you can notify them of your travel details by adding their name into the Group Bookings field provided:
7) If you need to cancel the trip for any reason or come back to the trip later on, click Cancel Trip to withdraw the trip request or Save as Draft to save the trip request so that it can be edited at a later date. If you would like to proceed and have filled in the first page of requirements click Continue
8) Complete all of the sections on the next screen and then click Continue
NOTE: The subsequent pages will vary depending on the application selected for the workflow
8) The Locomote booking module will load search results based on the segments entered into Travel Details specified at the beginning of submitting your trip request
9) Select the option(s) for each travel segment:
Flight(s): to select an option, click directly on the fare. To change a flight(s), click on the ‘x’ button next to the fare box.
NOTE: Ensure that you have selected the correct number of ‘Rooms’ and/or number of ‘Guest(s) (per) room’.
Car(s): to select a car, click on the Total Rate to make a selection. To change a car, you can click on the ‘x’ button within the green fare box.
NOTE: For further information regarding the flight, hotel and/or car, click the i / i information icon(s) and a pop-up box will appear.
Out of Policy: If you select an option that is out of policy (e.g. non-preferred suppliers, not the lowest recommended fare etc), you will need to select a Reason for breaking policy from the reasons provided
10) Click Continue
11) Review the Booking Details, ensure all details are correct
12) Confirm payment method for hotels and/or cars (if applicable) in the Charge Back option drop-down menu
13) Review the Trip Cost and if you have any additional information for the travel consultant, please add a comment in the Special request field box
14) To submit the booking, tick the 'I accept the terms above' box and click Complete Booking
NOTE: If you do not agree and accept the terms and conditions of flights/hotels/cars then the Complete Booking button will be unavailable and you will not be able to proceed with the booking
15) Once all the required information has been provided, a confirmation message will appear to confirm that your trip has been successfully submitted, and an email will be sent to the nominated/pre-assigned Authoriser
16) If your trip request does not require cost authorisation, a notification will be sent to your Travel Management Company (TMC) so it can be ticketed, and your trip will be marked with the state Pending Booking status for them to action.